Supporters of the project understand that the youth of today will be the leaders of tomorrow. In order to prepare those future leaders to deal with a continuously changing world, developers of the project have identified a three-phase plan for implementation.
Phase 1: Develop a Leadership Education Model —COMPLETE!!
This phase involved three core components:
1. Secure a location and staff prepared to create an objective, project-focused environment.
2. Establish concepts and skills to be targeted in the curriculum and program development.
3. Articulate and develop the following course areas:
a. International Studies and Leadership
b. Fundamentals of Communication and Leadership
c. Survey of Leadership through Leaders and Methods
d. Models of Community and Organizational Leadership
e. Leadership Internship
Phase 2: Develop Project Partnerships —IN PROGRESS!!
1. Create a sustaining and long lasting relationship with partners that have a defined interest in developing leaders for our ever-changing global environment.
2. Work symbiotically alongside business partners to create a blueprint that fosters internships, Co-ops, leadership seminars and long-term job placement.
3. Harness the leadership model of Beaufort Academy, along with the economic fortitude of our business partners, to build a campus that exclusively promotes and graduates critical thinkers, active problem-solvers and committed citizens.
Phase 3: Develop and Implement a State-Wide Leadership School
OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE!!
1. The school will concentrate on Leadership Development, but will also offer a full spectrum of science, mathematics and humanities.
2. Year-round programming will include summer intensives for middle school students and high school students in grades 9 and 10.
3. Tuition for the nine-month high school will be free.